Trends Getting Started
Last updated: Apr 20, 2020 8:42 PM
Gab Trends is the first people-powered newsroom. Using data from Gab’s free speech software products, Gab Trends provides a real time pulse on what the internet is discussing right now.
Gab Trends decentralizes news discovery away from gatekeepers and creates a level playing field for mainstream, alternative, and citizen journalists to share their story with the world.
- Page header links are selected by Gab. These are at the very top of the page as well as the page's headline.
- The 'Breaking' column is driven by RSS feeds from various news sources and will auto update.
- 'Around the Web' section offers more granular selection, as it narrows down to one domain (url / source page) at a time. Gab controls the domains to be featured in the section.
- 'Today's Top' and 'Trending' sections are driven by views, comments, votes, shares and other activity. So, items can show up even with seemingly low engagement numbers. View counts displayed are for Trends and not Dissenter. Dissenter's view counts aren't part of the count totalizers, as that would skew the articles presentation. Trends and Dissenter views are calculated separately. This means that articles with no comments or engagement may get listed on Gab Trends.
1. You will log in using your Gab credentials within the upper right corner of the web page.
2. Once signed in you will then be able to click on any article in which you will then be able to comment on.
3. To start a Trend you will paste it into the URL bar in the center of the web page. You will also have an option to post the article to Gab Social, Twitter, Telegram or Facebook. You can also create a link to paste to a destination of your choice (Copy to Clipboard).
4.Trends also has a search function in which you can search for a specific topic of interest such as technology, politics, etc. Search results for a keyword can be easily had as an RSS feed.
5. You may also choose to comment on the article, just below what you posted. You can comment on any article, post or blog post using the commenter. Content moderation guidelines are the same as outlined in the Terms of Service for Gab Social.